Thursday 22 August 2013

2 Months - Zero Food Mile update

2 months (little over) of not buying any fruits or vegetables. I must say I am a little boarded of my diet. Its just TOO healthy. Eating grilled and fresh veggies every day, is leaving me with powerful cravings for junk food.

Still missing the mushrooms and the cherries and perhaps plumbs. Romance series cherries are growing well (except one I lost), and I think I may have cherries next year. Mushrooms may take more effort and my fruit choices will increase as the pears and apples trees mature.

A friend sent me this article on pesticides. Maybe that's what my body is craving. Or perhaps its the embalming ingredients in hour processed food. Its good to see that many of my favourites in my garden are on this list!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I began by trying to eat healthy for 100 days. I made that and kept going, and I am now at day 267 and just now beginning to crave junk food. I had my first hamburger and french fries this week (since last November!), and now I really want something crisp and salty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annies Granny, I have being using Dino kale with olive oil sprayed on and salt. Grill till they crisp, put on paper towels to suck up excess oil and then eat like crisps. Just wish my leaves where thicker as they tend to shatter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried kale chips last year and hated them! But then, I'm one of those rare people who doesn't care for kale. I've only grown it that one time, maybe it was just a bad variety.

      Delete