Monday 2 April 2018

Its a wild life!

I have a few guests, that I never invited. The first is a cutiest little chipmunk. Well I have only seen one, but my neighbours saw a pair. Last summer I was surprised a how little fruit I got from berry bushes. As it turns out, chippy probably enjoyed it. Now I have holes in the raised beds and compost heap (must have wanted warmth). I love the little guy and its being years since I have seen one in the city, but this digging everywhere has to stop, never mind my berries and whatever.

Second guest is a Bunny. No not the Easter bunny.  Now I am not sure how much is chippy vs Bugs but I scared him a few times while working in the garden. He is beauty, all sleek and shinny and quite large. He is also dug in a burrow under the bath pond.

I love the fact that the local wild life is moving back. This is true permiculture and nothing shows it more than them moving in. The birds and squirrels first, but now bunnies and chippies. Its a small yard and I expected to share, but I think I am going to have relocate these guys/girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment