Sunday 25 March 2018

Xiaomi Aqara Intelligent Smart Home Temperature Humidity Sensor

So now that I have a greenhouse, how can I get warning if temperatures in there drop near freezing?  What if I wanted to have supplementary heat kick in if it nis getting close?

Enter the Xiaomi Aqara Intelligent Smart Home Temperature Humidity Sensor at Can$10 these little guys tell temperature, humidity and barometric pressure Paired with smarthome gateway, I can set alerts when temperature, humidity or barometric pressure hits certs levels (not got alerts for barometric working).

Whats more with a bit more effort, I could use a smart plug to turn on the heat or fan!

I bought 2 sensors and a gateway and after a week, I love it. One sensor is outside and the other inside the greenhouse. The afternoon spike were the heat in the greenhouse kicks in aside, I can now look at the past week temps for both. Generally its 8 degrees warmer in the greenhouse.

With this week being the first with positive nighttime temperatures, I moved some of my pepper and tomato plants to the greenhouse to make some space for new plantings.

Update: the sensor in the greenhouse stopped working, on investigation it was water / humidity issues and a period on the heater vent, had it back working in a day. I am hoping some careful positioning can address this.

No comments:

Post a Comment