Sunday 16 June 2013

Rain again

This spring will be the spring of rain and has offered some unique gardening experience. According to http://toronto.weatherstats.ca/charts/precipitation-3months.html we have had 53% more rain in the last 3 months than we did last year. A whopping 268mm.  I woke up again this morning to often heavy rainfall.

With the cooler temperatures and all this rain, some plants are loving it, but others are suffering. My peppers and squash look a little nitrogen deficient and rather small, yellow tinged leaves. The lettuce on the other hand is taking over the world and my shallots look great.  My first year growing cauliflower and its seems a bit loose, unless I mixed it up with something else (Lost tags issues). I still need to source more fish for my pond. wait a second, whats that slouching away? Stop thief!


No comments:

Post a Comment