Tuesday 14 April 2015

Ghetto Incubator take 2

Well, as mentioned, my initial design put the heat store near the heat source.
I soon discovered its better to leave the heating bulb without the heat store, and move the heat store to under the eggs and add a small fan to circulate the air,

Now I have 2 bricks on the one side, with a glass dish sitting on top of this heat store. In the dish I have some shavings and eggs. On the other side  the light bulb, fan and container of water to keep up the humidity. The fan blowing on the bulb and distributing the heat. Once the bricks heated up, this became far more stable temperature zone, and varies no more than .2 degrees Celsius of the 37-38 degrees zone. Mostly sticking right in the 1 degree range.

The Ghetto 2 - Eggs are in a glass dish with some padding, on top of 2 bricks. Left bottom is the PC fan, some water to keep the humidity up, and the light bulb connected to the temperature controller set to switch on at 37 and off at 38 degrees celcius.


I am looking forward to some grandchildren. It should be the first week of May. I will then have news on the effectiveness of the new design.

1 comment: