Sunday 5 April 2015

Planting time!

Well yesterday I planted out some onions and leeks. Yes I know I am a week ahead of my calendar, but we just had 2 days that were in the double digits, the birds were out and weather great. There was nothing colder than -2 Celsius  in the forecast, and lots of rain. The onions looked a little crowded, and so I broke the clump in half and planted half out in the garden.

With my neighbour cutting down the huge spruce trees, my garden looks sparse.  I am also expecting that this was done in prelude to them adding a second story, which will then grant then a superb view of my garden. I planted some new asparagus roots, and moved a few things to along the fence were the large trees were. How many years will it take for the yews to be tall enough to block their view and I now have to work something in to block the noise from the park.

Surprise!
This year, I went out and picked up 2 cubic yards of Mushroom Compost. I have no proof that’s its organic, but this early, in the season, its last years and well aged. That does not mean it does not still smell like horse manure. The straw from the ducks house is in the beds now, with a layer of mushroom compost covering it. I am hoping it will compost quiet rapidly.

I pruned the grapes and did my best on the fruit trees. (This is something I think requires some more practice on my part). Then with aching body, went to bed quiet early.

This is what I woke to this morning.....

1 comment:

  1. An organized garden...well done.....pity the neighbiur chopped trees down...sad

    ReplyDelete