Thursday 25 April 2013

In praise of Lee Valley

So when I bought this house 4 years back, I decided I needed a really good spade and fork, since nothing grew in the yard. Enter Lee Valley . Their stainless steel spade and fork was twice the weight, but oh so sturdy, well shaped and just right length. Although slightly more than big box stores so I bought the pair http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/page.aspx?p=45712&cat=2,64944&ap=1

Last year I snapped the spade in early spring and had a friend try weld it back together but snapped it again soon afterwards. Just planting a couple fruit trees, but it had being VERY well used and abused by this point. in planting, digging, shoveling and making flower beds. I thew it out. This spring, the fork broke - just the pin in the handle falling out, but none the less. I was online, about to order a new set, when I saw - We guarantee these tools fully and will replace any that fail you in use. So I dropped them a email and said, I threw the spade out, but just broke the fork.

Today the postman delivered me a new fork AND the spade. With a request to send back the broken fork and to please hold on to broken ones in future. Lee Valley - YOU ROCK! These where now worth every penny and then some and may I suggest everyone buy a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment