Sunday 14 July 2013

First Tomato

Today I got to eat 3 cherry tomatoes. Sungold hybrid cherry, my only hybrid tomato. I bought seeds after reading about them on some of the garden blogs I follow in the hope that they would produce for a few weeks before others did.  Its a crazy spring, and I cant say for sure, but it looks like Krim and black cherry are not far behind.  Both heirlooms. The taste of the home grown tomato is divine, but I take a black cherry over the Sungold. That could just be my mind playing tricks and I will need to do a taste test together.

The Black cherry, Krim, Purple Cherokee, yellow pear and Belgium giant are starting to add loads of green tomatoes, currently more so than the Sungold. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the tomatoes. I love the flavor of Black Cherry. Sungold is good, but I'll take Black Cherry any day. I also love Una Hartsock, another cherry tom that is grape shaped and pink/red in color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added Una Hartsock to my list to try next year. In fact, I added a page to keep track of t hings I want to do different, grow next year along with perhaps things I do again.

    ReplyDelete